Winter Driving Safety Tips!
What is all the white stuff on the ground outside?
Are you ready for winter? I am not sure I am. I’ve already experienced some icy roads and power outages due to the weather.This had me thinking… I want to share my tips on safe driving in the wintertime!
First, here are some tied-bits for preparing for a drive:
- Keep warm clothes and gloves in the car
- Always travel with weather-ready shoes
- Have a few snacks on hand
- Safety kit that includes a flashlight, glass scraper, medications, first aid supplies
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated and you have plenty of gas
- Your tires are weather ready with plenty of tread
- Avoid using cruise control when there is ice or snow on the ground
Next, I want to share my tips for driving!
- If the weather is bad, stay home. Only leave the house if you feel it is necessary
- Take your time. There is no need to drive as fast as the other cars on the road if you feel it is not safe to do so
- Take off and brake slowly to avoid losing traction
- Keep a safe distance between you and the car in front of you
- Know whether your brakes are anti-lock or not
- Slow and steady up a hill is better than powering up the hill
- NEVER stop when going up a hill
Losing control of your vehicle can be SUPER scary. Take precautions and slow down. Nothing is more important than your safety and the safety of the other drivers!
Safe driving, Folks!